Sunday, December 31, 2006

Here I am, caught in a good friend's side headlock.

For me, 2006 was a good year in wrestling. All but one of my matches came in August, and while I would rather they be somewhat more spread out through the year, I was glad that they took place at all. I enjoyed wrestling seven great guys--Larry (IN), Ed, Thomas, John, Michael, Tim and Bob. Four other matches didn't work out, and for that I apologize to Chuck, Larry (FL), Matt and Big Guy. I hope we'll get another chance in 2007 or sometime not far beyond that. As for the coming year, I don't know what it holds in store, whether regarding wrestling or life in general. I have possibilities of matches in nearby cities--"nearby" meaning within five hours' drive--in February and June. I don't know what will happen with these, but I'm sure I'll be writing about them and the men I'm in touch with. In 2007 I hope to buy a pair of pro boots to take with me to matches, and I'd like to get another pair of trunks, either blue or white. My fondest wish is that somebody close by will appear on the scene to allow me the opportunity to wrestle more regularly and to take advantage of the activity's benefits as exercise. Regardless, I'll keep wrestling with men I'm able to meet, wrestling with myself and wrestling with God. And I'll keep writing about these things, whether or not anybody reads.

No comments: