Thursday, January 20, 2022

So, friends, from Compton's Encyclopedia, this is the head scissors that so many of us are turned on by.


Some years ago, I met one of my favorite opponents for the first time in the basement of an old middle school. Upstairs a basketball game was going on. I met this big man outside the game. He worked at the school, which was near where I live, and he guided me through the dark to a back entrance. We stripped down to our trunks and wrestled. At one point I had him in a head scissors like Bockwinkle and Race begin with below. And suddenly the image of this old Compton's head scissors came to mind, and I could immediately envision how to switch from my standard head scissors to this luscious one from the encyclopedia. I said to my guy, "Hang on, I'm gonna try something." And I made the switch, natural as you please. Man, did my body thrill at finally being able to feel what I'd looked at and fantasized about for so long! 


Here it is as applied by Gene Kiniski on Giant Baba. Unlike the other holds below, in which the wrester in charge makes a quick switch from a standard head scissors to the "head scissors and arm hold," watch Kiniski go straight to the hold.



Hey, ref, how 'bout you get out of the dang way?!

Harley Race v. Terry Funk
Race's version of the hold is elevated, rather than lying heavily on Funk's body like the other holds depicted here.
Watch Race make the switch, which is done here slowly enough so that we can see how the grip with his legs changes from one version to the next.



Below is the head scissors in a match between Warren Bockwinkle and Wilbur Snyder. I think it might be my favorite, although the Race/Funk version is darn hot.



Watch this to see how Bockwinkle makes the switch between the two head scissors versions. I'm guessing that this is how the head scissors in Compton's developed. Although I suppose Black in the picture could have put White directly into the hold like Kiniski does Baba above.

Don't you wish we had a video of the Compton's Match?


I don't want to spoil anybody's MvM fun, but if you're into female wrestlers . . .


She's got it going on!





 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It definitely would have been nice if there had been a video of the Compton's Encyclopedia match. The videos that you found and screen shots that you created are great!

When you applied it to your opponent, do you know if he was aware of the Compton match? Was he specifically into headscissors?

Ringer said...

Glad you like the screen shots, my friend.

Although I haven't wrestled my favorite opponent since several months before the pandemic, I think he caught on to my interest in the Compton's head scissors variation. If I'm not mistaken, he used it on me a couple of times. He's half a generation or so younger than I am, so I don't know if he was aware of the Compton's match. He digs a good head scissors, which is great, but what's even better is that he gratifies my obsession with the hold (in all its variations). He'll let me work him over with a head scissors, and then he'll happily work me over with one as well--and he's good at it. You might--or might not--be interested to know that the last time we wrestled, I was caught in his head scissors and got so excited that I ejaculated without either of us touching my erection. . . . Maybe TMI.

Anonymous said...

I think it is great that you have a wrestling bud that is: (1) also into headscissors and (2) someone where there is a comfort level and the right connection to try different holds without fear of becoming overly excited. So no, it wasn’t TMI.

Anonymous said...

Awesome headscissors pics! (Except for the woman). Love hearing your wrestling stories!

Ringer said...

Thanks, my friend! I plan to get back to more stories in the days ahead. Maybe even some more actual wrestling, too!

Anonymous said...

Like Father, like son; I saw this old school video of Kelly Kiniski (Gene’s son), and he really loves cranking on the head scissors as well. Here he headscissors and frustrates Terry Allen (before he became the stud Magnum TA). Really sexy match and wrestlers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-TunFsx8Dk&list=PLaJhh0k4dkH2Rhxs-z2UA6Ze21kkXTGtn&index=1

Ringer said...

Awesome! Thanks for turning me on to that match--great headlock and great head scissors!