Friday, May 30, 2008


I want to write more here. I need to write more here. And not just about wrestling as wrestling but about wrestling as life.

And so, I'm going to write a series of sketches--about people I know and people I've imagined, about situations that I find myself in or imagine myself in or witness others finding themselves in (or being in without realizing), about dreams and dreams, about my life and the lives of others, about wrestling I've done and wrestling I've imagined, about things I believe and things I don't believe and things in the vast middle between these two.

I doubt that I have many readers here, but if you read and would like to contribute a comment, please do. If you would like for me to post something for you, send it to me at wrestling-life@hotmail.com.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice of you to open your blog to others...

Anonymous said...

Ringer
the more and longer I wreslte others, the closer and more closed in my worlds become...until, I am certain, one day, they will all collide...what the aftermath of that day will be, I do now know, and do not think about, but I know that one day it will happen.
One one hand it would be a relief, the other great anquish...and the underlying duress to keep them apart.
meanwhile, I enjoy every match, each opponent, the fleeting opportunity as if it were me last.

GrizzMO

Ringer said...

I'm guessing the worlds to which you refer are these--home, church, work, wrestling (and maybe others). Like you, I can imagine these worlds crashing together, although I wrestle far less than you. Which world(s) will remain after the collision? Hard to say. So, you've decided that wrestling is worth the collision of which you're certain.

If you're so certain, how do you imagine it happening?