Friday, October 19, 2007

Indianapolis & St. Louis


In a few days, I'm driving to Denver. Along the way, I'm going through Indianapolis, where I'll wrestle my good friends Larry and Ed, although not at the same time. This should be a great stop along the way, and I'm looking forward to it.


Larry and I first wrestled in Atlanta in November 2001. Since then we've wrestled once in Nashville and twice in Indianapolis, and we've always had a good time. I'm especially looking forward to this upcoming time. Larry has recently been recovering from some physical difficulties, but being now well along on his road to recovery, he's excited about the wrestling he's able to do. And when Larry's excited and able, he's great fun to wrestle--actually he's great fun to wrestle even when he's not as able as he'd like to be.



I've wrestled Ed only once, and we had a great time. But we were cut short because of his dog's being terribly ill. We expect to be clear of complications this time. Ed is a powerful wrestler, and favorite hold is the head scissors, which is my favorite also. I expect my head and jaws to be sore after this match, which will likely go well into the night.


The next morning I leave Indianapolis to continue on my way, but I'll be stopping in St. Louis for a lunchtime match with a new friend named Mike. We're looking forward to a good wrestling lunch and then lunch afterward.
Then it's on to Denver, where I hope to hook up with Matt, a man I've talked to off and on for years. We had a match scheduled a couple of years ago, but I had to cancel. Hopefully I can make it up to him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ringer, I wish you the best on your journey; sounds like a great time! You should have quite a workout. I'm surprised you don't have anything scheduled for your return trip. Be safe and enjoy.

Ringer said...

I tried to schedule one match for my return trip, but my friend in Tulsa was busy. So, the return trip will be include visits with friends who don't wrestle--I like seeing them too.

Anonymous said...

Ringer, I read all your bogs and can relate with you all you think about and feel being in this wrestling life. I am not into the same style as you but i think i can really relate to what you have written in your blogs, thanks and keep on writing.

MsktrnkOH from Globalfight

Ringer said...

Thanks for reading. I'm glad that something in my experience resonated with something in yours. Keep wrestling and wrestling life, MsktrnkOH. I'll have to look you up on GlobalFight (although I think I might have already seen you there.)