Saturday, December 31, 2011


Wow! I was shocked when I opened up my blog and noticed that it has been almost a full year since my last post. That's way out of line. I know that I had some readers at one point, but I'm afraid they'll all be gone now. Still, I want to return to posting regularly--ideally once a week, but no fewer than once a month. Maybe some readers will rediscover the blog and come back. I've had some great responses in the past, and one of them actually led to my meeting a local wrestler with whom I've wrestled some of my favorite matches. We first got together just a little over a year ago, and we've wrestled several times since then. (More on him later.) So, the blog has been important to my wrestling life, and I want to rev it up once again.

Youtube continues to be a great resource. When I was young in the '70s--living in Appalachia before cable TV--I used to wait for noon on Saturday when wrestling would hit the airwaves. Once a week. No videotaping either! Now, I can sit at the computer--for hours if I want to--and watch wrestling from all over the world and from its great past. (As you can see, I'm still into the head scissors!)

I plan to do some traveling this year, and I hope those travels will include some wrestling with old friends and maybe some new ones as well.

I'll pick up my wrestling history within the week, or I might post about a new wrestling experience. I've been hoping for one since this past Thursday, but it hasn't materialized yet. Maybe tomorrow or Monday? I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Ringer said...

By the way, happy new year to all who stumble across this. May your 2012 be happy and healthy. If you've never wrestled before but wanted to, I hope this is the year that an opportunity comes your way. Just be cautious. I've had great experiences, but I've always been very careful about who makes it to the mat with me.