Monday, December 10, 2007

Life has been busy of late, and I haven't had much time to think about wrestling. I've been wrestling life in other ways. But this Wednesday, I'll travel an hour and a half (or so) to the house of a friend, and we'll wrestle around the Christmas tree. I'm looking forward to it. This friend and I have wrestled once before, and it was a hard-fought match of several falls in a space that was too little for two big men like us. We're over 500 pounds of man when tangled up together in some hold. I'm looking forward to it.

I've been please that a handful of fellows have stumbled across this blog and commented about it. Other than one comment from a person who found it to be not what he was expecting--I think he intended to post an advertisment for something, but I didn't go back and look--comments have been positive. Men have written that they can relate to my experiences, and I think that's really rewarding. I keep waiting for the man or woman who comments that I'm obviously some sick freak, but he or she hasn't arrived yet--or at least hasn't left a comment yet.

Thanks to everybody who reads these musings and struggles, especially those who leave a note behind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ringer - you mentioned a family, church, child, you have much...blessed with much.
feeling as if I am living a dual personality at times, that i can not share with famiy, spouse, friends, but yet forming new relationships along the way - makes it increasingly complicated.
I find myself relating to a comicbook hero/villian with a hidden persona...that only you - the audience realizes both exist...and when the two worlds collided...what will happen to me?
What will happen to me?
I can not walk away from the first, and do not want to leave the new...so i cope with a way for them to both coexist, while keeping my sanity...or am I?
My match for tonight, last Saturday were both cancelled, so I suppose that is why I've chose to vent...my apologies...and my thanks to you 'Ringer.'

Anonymous said...

Interesting...Rassler315's comment, too. It will be interesting to see if something of a community arises from this...